Awards celebrate social media influencers’ impact on the publishing industry
The London Book Fair is delighted to announce the return of the UK Book Blog Awards @ LBF for a third year.
Bloggers, social media influencers, members of the publishing industry, and the general public are invited to contribute nominations for Book Podcast of the Year, Book Blogger of the Year, Bookstagrammer of the Year and Book Vlogger of the Year.
Once the shortlist has been revealed, a panel of judges will select one winner in each category, who will be honoured at a special awards ceremony at The London Book Fair. Building on the success of the past two years, the Fair will include live podcast events, seminars and networking opportunities focused on bringing together the social media influencer community and those in publishing.
The UK Book Blog Awards celebrate the vital contribution of social media influencers to the book industry, with last year’s winners including popular blog What’s Hot?, Bookstagrammer Abbie Walker, and YouTuber Rose Reads. The 2019 UK Book Blog Awards also featured the debut of the Book Podcaster of the Year award, which was taken home by Mostly Lit. Holly Bourne, bestselling author and last year’s Author of the Day, hosted the awards.
Helen Clifford, Marketing Manager at The London Book Fair commented: “Social media is a key aspect of the publishing landscape and we are thrilled to once again recognise the important relationship between influencers and publishing with the UK Book Blog Awards. We are very much looking forward to celebrating the bloggers, book vloggers, bookstagrammers and podcasters who bring so much to the book world at The London Book Fair.”
The awards are open to any UK based book blogger, YouTuber, podcaster or Instagrammer. To put forward a nomination, or to nominate your own blog/podcast/Instagram account/YouTube channel visit: www.londonbookfair.co.uk/UKBookBlogAwards
THE LONDON BOOK FAIR UK BOOK BLOG AWARDS – TERMS & CONDITIONS
- THE UK BOOK BLOG AWARDS 2020 are open to any blogger, YouTuber, podcaster or Instagrammer featuring books, who is based in the UK.
- Blogs, Instagram profiles, podcasts and YouTube channels can be entered by the brand owners, affiliates, or members of the public.
- The deadline for entries is Friday 14th February 2020 (the “Closing Date”).
- Judging: a panel of expert judges will decide a shortlist of three entries per category, one of whom will be the overall winner in each category.
- The Judges’ decision is final on all matters and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If the judging panel feels that none of the entries in a category reaches the standard outlined to them in guidance notes, The London Book Fair may (under exceptional circumstances) cancel the category.
- The Winners will be announced at The London Book Fair, 10-12 March 2020