The awards ceremony may have been canceled, (thanks, Coronavirus!) but the awards must go on…
From the Washington Post:
The National Book Critics Circle was forced to cancel last night’s awards ceremony. But the winners were announced — along with plans to celebrate them sometime this fall:
- Autobiography “Know My Name,” by Chanel Miller (review).
- Biography “The Queen: The Forgotten Life Behind an American Myth,” by Josh Levin (review).
- Criticism “Wayward Lives, Beautiful Experiments: Intimate Histories of Social Upheaval,” by Saidiya Hartman.
- Fiction “Everything Inside: Stories,” by Edwidge Danticat.
- Nonfiction “Say Nothing: A True Story of Murder and Memory in Northern Ireland,” by Patrick Radden Keefe (review).
- Poetry “Magical Negro,” by Morgan Parker (review).
Note: I am a member of the NBCC.